This post is a guest post for So You Think You're Crafty...Go check it out!!
Since the holidays are coming up I thought it would be nice to get into the spirit and share something I love to give away as a present, or have at all those holiday parties. I'm going to be giving you a recipe for Andes Mint Bark. It's a chocolatey delicious take on peppermint bark...and in my opinion (and my husbands!) can't be beat!
16 ounces of Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
12 ounces of Bakers white chocolate
Splash of peppermint extract
Crushed up Andes Mints (You can buy these or make them yourself)
How to make your bark:
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, or double boiler (as long as you melt it, doesn't matter how).
- Pour and spread chocolate into a 13x9 pan that is covered in parchment paper.
- Put this in fridge and wait until it is hardened.
- After the first layer is good and hard, melt the white chocolate in a microwaveable bowl.
- Splash some peppermint extract in the white chocolate and stir. However much or however little your peppermint loving heart desires!
- Pour this mixture over the dark chocolate. *Be careful when spreading this mix it will tend to make the darker chocolate mix with it if you push too hard!
- Place this in the refrigerator for about 3-4 minutes, not to get hard just to firm up a bit.
- Once firmed pour Andes Mints onto the top layer and lightly press the pieces into the chocolate.
- Place whole thing back into fridge and firm for 3-4 hours
- Get out of fridge and have fun breaking up that bark!
Look at how pretty that is...plus it looks impressive!So give it a try and give your friends, family, and guests a minty, chocolatey, homemade and easy gift for the holidays!
Thanks for reading and make sure to stop by Domestically Modern sometime!