Here is our very simple family recipe for Southern Sweet Tea:
What you will need:
9 regular teabags or 5 family size bags (Lipton Iced Tea)
How to make Momma's Tea:
- Put 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar in the pitcher, depends on how sweet you want your sweet tea :)
- Pour 7 cups of filtered drinking water into the pitcher,
- Stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved, set pitcher aside.
- Get tea bags ready.
- Pour two cups of water in a small sauce pan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Take saucepan off the stove.
- Put tea bags in the water, submerge and let sit for 2 minutes and 30-45 seconds
- Take tea bags out of water IMPORTANT: Don't squeeze bags out in saucepan just take out. Squeezing makes it bitter.
- Pour contents of saucepan into pitcher and stir to combine.
- Place sweet tea into the fridge and let cool.
This post has been linked to The Stuff of Success, Tater Tots and Jello