Thursday, September 20, 2012

Momma Crase's Southern Sweet Tea

Sweet tea is a staple of the southern diet. And I have always thought my mom's tasted better than any restaurant or just about any other place you can get a tall glass of sweet tea. So I thought I would share her recipe with YOU!


Here is our very simple family recipe for Southern Sweet Tea:

What you will need:

A Pitcher
Water
9 regular teabags or 5 family size bags (Lipton Iced Tea)
Sugar

How to make Momma's Tea:
  1.  Put 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar in the pitcher, depends on how sweet you want your sweet tea :)
  2. Pour 7 cups of filtered drinking water into the pitcher, 
  3. Stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved, set pitcher aside.
  4. Get tea bags ready.
  5. Pour two cups of water in a small sauce pan.
  6. Bring water to a boil.
  7. Take saucepan off the stove.
  8. Put tea bags in the water, submerge and let sit for 2 minutes and 30-45 seconds
  9. Take tea bags out of water IMPORTANT: Don't squeeze bags out in saucepan just take out. Squeezing makes it bitter.
  10. Pour contents of saucepan into pitcher and stir to combine.
  11. Place sweet tea into the fridge and let cool.
And there you have it!!! The best and simplest sweet tea recipe I know!!


Xoxo,





This post has been linked to The Stuff of Success, Tater Tots and Jello

8 comments:

  1. Oh now who doesn't love sweet tea???!!! Thanks for sharing this and thanks for visiting my blog and saying such nice things about my Faux Fall Corn. I tried to reply back via email, but you are showing up as a "no-reply" blogger. You'll get a lot more feed back if you change this in your settings! Just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the hint! I'm new to blogging and I've looked through my settings but don't know how to change this or even what to look for. This doesn't seem like an option. Any more hints as to how I can change this?

      Thanks!
      Nikki

      Delete
  2. I need to make this for my hubby - he is from the south and no one serves sweet tea in California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in AZ and my friends never knew what I was even talking about when I mentioned sweet tea! But my southern momma raised me southern, even on the West Coast! I hope you enjoy the recipe and your hubby does too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that I found you on Blog Stalking Thursday! I'm a KY girl so you know I love sweet tea! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Southern Girls unite! So glad you stopped by Domestically Modern! Love that sweet tea!

      -Nikki

      Delete
  4. Yum! Gonna have to try this recipe. I'm from Canada - far, far from the south, but I still enjoy sweet tea with the best of you. :)

    ~Steph @ Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found the recipe! Everybody needs some sweet tea! Thanks for coming by!

      -Nikki

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I love reading your comments! It seriously makes my day. -Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...