Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Chocolate Meringue Cookies
4 egg whites
1 cup of Castor sugar ( I made my own out of regular sugar like this!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsps cocoa powder
a few pinches of corn starch
How to make my chocolate meringues:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with wax paper
1. Separate your egg whites into a very clean and dry glass bowl.
2. Let eggs sit for about 30 minutes if you pulled them out of the fridge so that they can get to room temp.
3. Put your other ingredients together in a bowl (other than your vanilla)
4.Use a hand mixer and set it on medium speed and begin to whip your egg whites.
5. Once the egg whites become frothy add your vanilla.
6. After it starts getting a little thicker start adding your other mixture in about 1 TBS at a time until the mixture becomes stiff (when you pick the mixer out of the egg whites they should form stiff peaks.
7. Put the mixture in a pastry bag with a decorative tip on it or use a spoon and drop about a Tbs on the sheets about an inch apart.
Bake for an hour and a half. Then turn oven off slightly open the oven door and let cookies cool down with the oven.
P.S. Another great thing about these cookies is that they're only around 35 calories for one cookie and very low in fat!!
This post was featured at The Gunny Sack!
This post is linked at Not Just a Housewife, Kathe with an E, Recipe Sharing Monday, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Chef in Training, Gunny Sack, Sewing Barefoot, Classy Clutter and The Stuff of Success, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Serenity Saturday, Katie's Nesting Spot, The Frugal Girls, and Happy Hour Projects. All of these links can be found under the Linking Partaaay page!