Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Easy Banana Bread

I always have eyes bigger than my stomach when it comes to bananas for some reason.  We never seem to eat all of them before they get all brown and squishy.  I always loved my mom's banana bread but it was much more complicated than this recipe and it gets about the same result.



I found this recipe on Pinterest from Artsy-Fartsy Mama(where else) and use it all the time.  It's great for breakfast and even a little snack throughout the day!

Easy Banana Bread Recipe
2-4 very ripe bananas (I've used from 2-4 of them and it turns out great every time.)
1 package of yellow cake mix (I've also done it with chocolate...which was phenomenal)
1/2-1 cup of chocolate chips (Dark, white, milk...all good!)
2 eggs
Nuts optional

Preheat to 350 degrees. Smash bananas first. Mix ingredients together in a bowl and pour into greased loaf pans.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and done on inside. 

This recipe is soo good and so effortless. Plus it makes two loaves so that means you can give one away...or pop it in the freezer and bring it out a week later once your other loaf is gone!!

XOXO,






This post is linked up to Not Just a Housewife, Kathe with an E, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Chef in Training, Gunny Sack, Sewing Barefoot, Success U, Eye Heart, and Crafty Soiree.  You can find links to these awesome blogs on the page Linking Partaaays!  Go visit and share the love!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the amazing recipe! No you are right you can never have enough banana bread. I'm your latest follower popping over from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. pop over and seem me sometime!! www.cocktailsatnaptime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow! I will be dropping by sometime very soon. Excited that you stopped by and you enjoy the recipe!

      Delete
  2. Oh yum!! This looks so good!

    So glad you joined us at the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Hope you've made some new bloggy friends!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do! Love your blog hop! Thanks for hosting and stopping by!!
      Nikki

      Delete
  3. I just whipped this together in about 15 minutes. I'm using a carrot cake mix. (It's what I had on hand) Can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love reading your comments! It seriously makes my day. -Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...